I have successfully litigated cases against some of the largest and most powerful corporations, including, but not limited to, Anheuser-Bush, Inc., Yum Brands, Inc., Home Depot, Inc., and The Hartford Insurance Company that resulted in significant recoveries for clients. I have taken numerous cases to trial throughout the State of Florida, including in federal court, state court and the American Arbitration Association. I have also represented some of the largest companies engaged in business in the State of Florida, including Burger King Corporation, Flagler Development Company, and Washington Mutual Bank. Reported cases include: Upland Development of Central Florida, Inc. v. Bridge, 910 So.2d 942 (Fla. 5th DCA 2005); Williams v. Bear Sterns & Co., 725 So.2d 397 (Fla. 5th DCA 1998); Maris Distributing Company v. Anheuser-Busch, Inc., 710 So.2d 1022 (Fla. 1st DCA 1998); Wells v. Burger King Corporation, 40 F.Supp.2d 1366 (N.D.Fla. 1998).
Articles, Papers, Notes, or Presentations
Contributing author of Ex Parte Communications with Current and Former Employees of a Corporate Defendant, The Florida Bar Journal, December 1997
Trials, Cases, or Transactions
I have tried numerous cases to conclusion in several counties in Florida, including Orange County, Osceola County, Seminole County, Pinellas County, Hillsborough County, Palm Beach County and Dade County. The trials were located in Florida State Courts, Federal Court, and with the American Arbitration Association. I have represented clients in high dollar, contractual disputes, as well as those who have been the victims of wrongful conduct by large corporations, insurance companies, and negligent tortfeasors.
The Carr Law Firm believes in giving back to the community and helping those less fortunate through its involvement in and support of organizations such as The Coalition for the Homeless, The Second Harvest Food Banks, and others.
We are also compassionate towards animals that do not have a voice. We help protect animal welfare rights through our work with the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) and the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA).
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- First Party Litigation Against Insurance Companies
- Personal Injury/Wrongful Death
- Premises Liability
- Employment Litigation
- Litigation & Appeals
- Florida, 1995
- New York, 1996
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- University of Florida College of Law, Gainesville, Florida
- Honors: Dean’ List
- Villanova University, Villanova, Pennsylvania
- B.A. magna cum laude
Honors and Awards
- Florida Trend’s Florida Legal Elite, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015 and 2016.
- Super Lawyers, 2012 – 2020.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The George C. Young American Inns of Court Member
- Florida Bar Judicial Nominating Procedures Committee Member (2018-2020)
- Ninth Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee Member (2016-2018; Chairperson 2018)
- Business Law Section of the Florida Bar
- American Association for Justice
- Florida Justice Association
- Central Florida Trial Lawyers Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- University of Florida Alumni Association
- Villanova Alumni Association
- Princeton House School- Board of Director, 2004 – 2006
- Coalition for the Homeless
- Bay Hill Property Owner’s Association – Board of Director, 2010 – Present; President 2019 – present
- The Second Harvest Food Banks
- American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA)
- People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA)